This letter is in response to the article in the June 15-30, 2015 issue of MEL entitled ` One year of BJP led NDA government, May 2015: No achhe din for working class and peasantry as long as capitalism continues.'
The title alone captures the essence of the experience of the Indian people and that of the working class and peasantry. It, however, brings to the fore the fact that it is the prevailing economic system that is responsible for the lack of ache din, there by bringing in objectivity to the debate.
I have learnt from this article the following important points:
- That the achhe din promised by the BJP has been delivered to the bourgeoisie by deepening the program of reform, revising labour laws, etc., and scoring a high marks of over 70% from the report card issued by the bourgeoisie,
- That as all past experience shows, there is no change in the orientation of the economy after the general election of 2014,
- That the fact that the Indian economy is integrated into the world economy, which is in deep crisis, implies a crisis for the Indian economy as well,
- That capitalism is in a stage of decay which is the cause of the crisis,
- There is a way out of the crisis through the elimination of capitalism and democratic renewal and through the elimination of the system of replacing one government by another every five years,
- That the bourgeoisie will forestall the above using a bag of tricks as it has in the past, such as secular vs. communal, and a lot of other bogus slogans to divert and disorient,
- And that the only solution is to replace the rule of the bourgeoisie through that of the working class and the peasantry.
Sincerely, S. Nair, Kochi