On 19 February 2016 farmers organised a protest demonstration in Nohar block of Hanumangarh District of Rajasthan, in support of their various demands.Farmers from neighbouring areas participated in the demonstration. The demonstration was led by Om Sahu, District Secretary of Rajasthan Kisan Sabha; Guruji Hanuman Prasad, Vice President, Lok Raj Sangathan; Com. Niyamat Ali; Madan Beniwal; Com Mehboob and District Secratary Mangej Choudhari.Apart from this Juglal Khati, Com Hansraj Sharma, Dataram, Vinod, Krishna Saharan, Laxmi Narayan Beniwal, Rustam Aitaan, and other also participated in the demonstration.
Earlier, on 15 February 2016, a Farmers Rally was organised by the Rajasthan Kisan Sabha and a demonstration was taken to the office of SDM. The farmers submitted a charter of 11 point demands to the SDM, with an ultimatum that if these demands are not fulfilled by 18 February 2016 the struggle will be intensified. This demonstration of 19 February was organised as a follow up to this ultimatum.
Farmers of the region have been fighting for various demands for very long. They declared that if their demands are not fulfilled the agitation will spread to the entire state. At the end of 19 February demonstration the farmers decided to intensify the struggle by forming committees at village levels. The main demands in the charter included:
- Legal action must be taken against those responsible for attack on the Junior Engineer, Water Works Department, Bhadra, and guilty must be punished
- Increase in the rates charged by Gram Seva Samiti and Electricity Distribution Company must be withdrawn, and all farmers must be given interest free loan up to one lakh Fifty thousand.
- The Girdavari Report on crop damage has accepted the norm of 50 percent at district level and agriculture departments has accepted 85 percent. The compensation amount of Rs 20000 per bigha declared by the state government must be handed out immediately.
- Farmers must be given the compensation amount against crop insurance without further delay.
- Farm loan must be waived.
- Amar Singh Branch, Singhmukh Nohar Feeder, Kumbh Arya Lift Irrigation project must be surveyed and farmers must be provided water for complete irrigation of the land.
- Swaminathan Committee Report must be implemented and farmers must be given remunerative prices for their produce.
- Government must make arrangement for the untended cattle which destroy standing crops.
- All miners including Amar Singh Branch, and NTR Deeplana must be made operational and farmers must be provided continuous water for at least 15 days.
- Farmers must be provided with all support and concession to till their land.
- 10 percent fees must be waived on CAD water structures built under the SDM Plan, damaged water structures must be repaired and new structures must be constructed in remaining area.