It is the epoch of the toilers! Let us march towards Lok Raj!
The Ghadar continues!
Residents of Delhi,
We are candidates of Lok Raj Sangathan.
We the toilers are getting poorer and our our lives are becoming insecure day by day. The peasants who produce food for our country have to go to sleep hungry. The conditions of the workers who produce everything from a needle to an aeroplane are miserable. The handful of the wealthiest capitalists who have benefited from our toil, are competing with the richest capitalists of the world. They exploit our labour, grab the land of the peasants and speculate with the savings of the people.
Parties of the exploiters rule in the people’s name, while acting strictly in the interests of the capitalists who finance them. Such parties impose their candidates on the electorate and consider the people merely as their vote banks.
The economy and political system are both afflicted by a fatal disease. The system has to be completely overhauled. There is a need to establish Lok Raj in place of the present Looteron ka Raj (the rule of exploiters).
We need punar-nirman, a reconstitution of the political power on the basis of modern democratic principles. We need to establish a system in which people are able to select and elect the best persons from among their peers. They must enjoy the right to initiate legislation. Those elected must render account of their work regularly to the electorate, and be subject to recall by the electorate at any time. There must be an Electoral Committee in every constituency, elected by the people to ensure that people are able to exercise all these rights.
There is only one cure for the problems of the country – Lok Raj! Lok Raj!
We are committed to take immediate steps for the following:
- Establish a universal PDS to ensure availability of food and essential articles at affordable prices;
- Nationalise, without compensation, the electricity distribution companies of Tata and Reliance;
- Prevent privatisation of water supply and of any other essential public service;
- Ensure that all residential colonies are regularized and all necessary amenities are provided to all the residents;
- Access to quality public health services for all citizens;
- Guaranteed minimum monthly wages of at least Rs. 15,000, elimination of contract labour;
- Assured pension and compliance with labour laws to all workers, without exception, so they can have a dignified existence;
- Guarantee the safety of women and girls;
- End the harassment of small vendors, shopkeepers, rickshaw and auto drivers, by providing secure space for them;
- Stop forcible acquisition of village land in the name of “public purpose”;
- Establish government schools in every neighbourhood, with guaranteed good quality education and other infrastructural facilities such as drinking water, toilets, library, laboratory, playground and recreation centre.
- Establish sports, cultural and recreational centres to fulfil the physical and spiritual needs of youth;
- Ensure speedy justice to all victims of communal violence and state terrorism and severe punishment for those guilty;
- Elect a new Constituent Assembly to propose a new Constitution for India that is fit for this 21st century.
The only cure for the problems of Delhi, Lok Raj Lok Raj!
The only cure for oppression and adharma, Lok Raj Lok Raj!
Let us take in our hands the country’s reins;
Let us fulfill the peoples aspirations for Lok Raj
This call of Ghadar has become a powerful force;
The candidates are being supported by the following organisations based on the above program: Communist Ghadar Party of India, Socialist Unity Centre of India (Communist), All India Worker’s Council, Delhi Shramik Sangathan, Committee for Peace and Democracy, Manipur, Purogami Mahila Sangathan, Mazdoor Ekta Committee, Hind Naujawan Ekta Sabha