The All India Loco Running Staff Association (AILRSA) successfully concluded its regional convention on 4 September 2018. The convention took place at the procession house situated in the Tughlakabad railway colony in New Delhi. The Delhi region committee of AILRSA along with its Tughlakabad branch were established at the convention.
Around 200 members of AILRSA participated in the convention. The convention was chaired by Comrade Ramsharan. Members of various branches of AILRSA along with the Tughlakabad branch attended the convention.
Comrade Gaurav Sen from NWR, Comrade Dayal Singh Rathore, Comrade C.P. Singh from NCR, Comrade Giriraj of Fire Magazine, and Comrade Tarsem Singh from the Front Against NCP in Railway (NMOPS) and others addressed the convention.
Demands that have been continuously raised by the AILRSA were presented during the convention and the resolve to continue the struggle till these demands are met was also reiterated.
- Mileage rate as per RAC 1980 formulae to be decided for the running staff and arrears to be paid from 1 January 2016 onwards.
- Correction in the anomalies in the determination of pension as per RBI 13/2018.
- Ensure increase of 14.29 percent in salary of running staff in accordance to the RBI 99/2017 and arrears to be paid.
- The order to provide trolley bag to be repealed and arrangements made to keep tool kit in the loco cabin.
- Immediate stop to privatization practices in the railways.
- RBI-143 to be made applicable in Delhi region.
- NPS to be ended immediately and the earlier pension system to be reapplied for everyone.
- All running rooms and locomotive cabs should be air conditioned at the earliest.
- The assistant loco pilots should be given the minimum basic of Rs.23100 and arrears to be given from 1 January 2016.
- All loco pilots and assistant loco pilots to be given CUG sim.