On September 2, 2015, crores of workers of our country from all sectors of the economy will participate in an All India General Strike.
The strike has been called to express the complete opposition of the working class of our country to the anti-worker, anti-peasant and anti-social program of the ruling capitalist class. The strike has been called by trade unions and employees’ federations of the country around a 12 point charter of struggle.
This charter of struggle has united under one banner trade unions cutting across the country, irrespective of their affiliation to this or that party.
The demands raised in the charter are:
- Reducing prices and bringing them under control
- National Floor Level Minimum wage of Rs 15,000
- No to anti worker changes in labour laws, Strict implementation of existing labour laws
- End contract system, and practice of outsourcing and hiring of daily wage labour
- Pension for all workers
- Equal wages for equal work
- Social Security for agricultural workers and other unorganized sector workers
- No to privatization
- Withdrawal of the Road Transport and Safety Bill
- Regularisation of Scheme workers
- No to FDI in Defence, Railways, Financial Sector and Retail Trade
- Withdrawal of the Land Acquisition Bill